Friday, June 11, 2010

Kaplan Diagnostic Quiz & Speed Math

Hi...
Work has kept me quite busy, so had left GMAT studies for sometime. It's time now.
Recap
Took the GMAT Diagnositc Quiz on Kaplan Premier's online companion. Scored 89% - 34 / 38 were correct answers. Got 1 wrong each in DS, PS, RC and CR. It was untimed.
To Do
While reviewing, there is 1 DS question I could not understand - will ask a friend - also, need to put it as a CP.
Another DS question took too long - must review that.
RC Strategy
In RC, writing what the para is talking about as short notes helps me. It's a PR method, but it seems to be working. It doesn't work in those passages where I have literally been unable to comprehend the meaning. To reduce the probability of that happening, I need to start taking out time to read (I used to be a voracious reader till time constrains brought my reading time down to near negligible). I also need to work on my vocab - I have Word Power Made Easy (WPME) by Norman Lewis. Maybe I should revisit it.
Speed Math
Have also been learning calculation shortcuts from Bill Handley's Speed Mathematics. It's actually quite fun and I've done a few chapters.
To Do
Do the chapter on decimal multiplication. Practise calculations.

No comments: