Sunday, July 11, 2010

Deviating from my standards

Sunday morning up with a lark,
I think I'll take a walk in the park...
Hey, hey, hey it's a beautiful day...
So, Sunday morning. And I've been up since 5. Spent about 90 minutes going through and understanding the concept of Standard Deviation. I've read it's not a common topic on the GMAT, but an 800-scorer can't afford to ignore any topic. ;-)

Went through Kaplan book's section on Averages (as suggested by 60-day Study Guide - BTG). Worked through it's practice set, which is quite simple. Moved on to Standard Deviation chapter from GMATClub's Math book. Very short. The author has posted a link to some PS and DS questions on SD which made me very happy. Till I realised they were questions from GMATPrep. At which point I quickly stopped. I want to have minimum repeat questions on my practice exams.

Did some random SD questions from GMATClub then, from non-official sources I hope.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the topic of this post - waking up at 5 for 2 straight weeks, and even on a Sunday is 3 standard deviations away from my mean! :-) (if you study the concept, you'll get it.)

No comments: