Monday, February 9, 2015

Hello, GMAT's 2015 avtaar!

Hello!

It's been a long, long time. Hasn't it?

Life's taken a quite a twist since I last wrote here. A quick update for the curious - I never applied to B-school, because I changed my career path. And I'm happy as can be :) A lot of people have wondered why I wasted a good score, but you know - that's how life is sometimes. I gave the GMAT initially to see if I can even make it, if it was even possible for me to apply to my dream schools. Turns out, I can! But I don't want to.

So why am I back on this blog then? Well, my husband (yes, I got married!) told me this morning he wants to give the GMAT. And of course, I'm going to help him out.

I love projects, and helping him out with giving the GMAT is a project I am way more excited about than I should be! I logged onto mba.com today, and realised - wow, a lot has changed. I glanced at beatthegmat.com and realised everything is different! What I knew back in 2011 might be of little help to the husband, and I have a lot of new things to learn. There's a new tutor in town - the Economist! And Magoosh seems to be doing SO well it's got a whole section on Beat The GMAT! GMATClub is still around, and there's an app with official questions. Everything has a Facebook page of it's own and there's a new player in town by the name of GMAT Prep Now! SO much to learn!

The husband said he wants to give it by July this year. We've not decided when he will apply for his MBA and where, but for now we just know this - he wants to give his GMAT and I'm going to give him all the help he needs (and more?)

Super excited to be back on the GMAT scene, and I'm going to try very hard to not spend all day looking up everything there is to know about GMAT TODAY itself :) Will stick around here to share anything helpful I come across, because, you know, notes.

I'll be seeing you!

No comments: